Garmin Forerunner 220 Bundle $299.99
A personal trainer for your wrist.
The Garmin Forerunner 220 Bundle is ideal for daily runners and those looking to take their running abilities and physical fitness to the next level. This bundle pairs a Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS watch with a Premium (soft strap) heart rate monitor, giving this duo the ability to capture distance, pace, heart rate, and calories burned, among other things. The GPS and internal accelerometer work in conjunction to capture pace and distance—regardless of your indoor or outdoor running preference. Compatible Garmin Connect software (free download online) uploads all activity data, shares social updates, and also provides free workout plans.
Customizable alerts can be set with an audible or vibration alarm for heart rate, pace, or run/walk intervals; this guidance helps you stay within your desired range when exercising and training. Additionally, the 220 remembers important personal accomplishments, such as fastest mile, 5k, 10k, marathon, or longest distance run. After your run is finished, upload data with the included USB charging/data cradle to compatible Garmin Connect software. A post-run summary appears with run stats for training and analysis. Data can also be wirelessly shared with a compatible iPhone (4S +) using the Garmin Connect Mobile application (free via Apple App store).
- GPS running watch with high-resolution color display
- Tracks distance and pace with GPS and accelerometer-both indoors and out
- Included Premium (soft strap) heart rate monitor measures heart rate
- Heart-rate based calorie computation
- Customizable alerts for heart rate, pace, or run/walk intervals
- Watch functions include time, date, and alarm
- Syncs via USB charging/data cradle to Garmin Connect application (free online)
- Wirelessly syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile application (iPhone 4S +)
- Works with LiveTrack (paid subscription) to track run stats in real-time
- Includes: USB charger, Premium heart rate monitor, 220 GPS watch, manual
- Water-resistant to 165ft (50m)
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love my Garmin, but I have found that when I dip down into canyons it loses signal quite often. I have the vibration notifications turned on, which means it vibrates every time it pauses the workout (or loses signal) which can get a little obnoxious, but overall I love it. It was worth the money.