Stay in the Know
Choose the Color/Size you want, enter your email, and we'll contact you when the item is in stock.
Temporarily Out Of Stock
Item # DTR2648
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Deuter Race EXP Air Backpack - 900cu in $0.00
Say good-bye to back sweat and hello to long-haul hydration.
Go long, ride hard, hike fast, and sweat less? Yes, when you strap on the Deuter Race EXP Air Backpack, with the AirComfort FlexLite back system that harnesses your load in padded, stabilized comfort and provides sweat-reducing ventilation and mesh. Its steel wire X-frame keeps everything in sturdy shape, and the three-liter reservoir keeps you hydrated and happy. It even has a rain cover, for those surprise showers.
- AirComfort FlexLite system features shoulder straps, hipbelt, back panel, and frame that stabilizes and stays dry, cool, and comfortable on those epic rides or hikes
- Padded, anatomically shaped shoulder straps with 3D-AirMesh cover, ventilation hip pads, and AriComfort sweat-reducing ventilated back keep you cool, dry, and comfy on your hike or ride
- Sternum strap and padded, mesh hipbelt stabilize the pack
- Durable spring steel wire X-frame gives tension to the mesh back panel and always pops back into place
- Expandable main compartment gives an ample 10-pound carrying capacity for gear and goodies
- HexLite 210 and microrip nylon fabrics endure years of wear and tear
- Integrated, detachable rain cover keeps your gear dry in a storm
- Three-liter reservoir included for all-day hydration
- Stowaway helmet holder gives your head a break during a mellow climb
- Small zippered pocket secures valuables during your activity; two mesh side pockets hold frequent-use gear
- 3M reflector loop adds visibility in low light
Reviews & Community
Simply better than camelbak and osprey
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I'm an avid, veteran mountain biker and recently discovered road cycling. I own this pack, as well as an osprey raptor 18 and a camelbak luxe (not sure of model name -- won it in a race). I highly recommend this pack, for the following reasons:
1) the aircomfort flex light system is a winner. Both the osprey and the camelbak are sweat sponges and they make me too hot. after a few multi-hour rides, the osprey and camelbak get disgustingly funky. Not the deuter.
2) while the quality of the osprey zippers and fabrics are excellent, the camelbak is cheesy. The deuter is right up there with the osprey.
3) the deuter reservoir, bite valve, and hose:reservoir connector are markedly superior. The osprey is a close second and the camelbak is embarrassingly bad by comparison. I like the magnet that keeps the osprey's bite valve close to your mouth, but the absence of this feature on the deuter isn't a big flaw.
4) the deuter's helmet attachment is simpler and more flexible than the osprey's, accommodating either a full-face or an xc race helmet. No chance of getting a full-face onto the osprey.
I can fit knee and elbow pads, tube and patch kit, first aid kit and gopro in the deuter with a full water reservoir without expanding its capacity via the clever zip-to-expand feature. Or, when I do my 45 mile road bike commute, it easily fits MacBook Air 11" in the hydration sleeve, clothes, and dob kit. After those rides when the pack sits next to my desk at work, I especially appreciate that it doesn't sponge up all my sweat like the osprey and camelbak do.
I owned a previous deuter hydration pack for 12 years and sold it to upgrade to this for expandable capacity. It was rock solid reliable and this one has been too. Give this pack a close look. I am clearly a big fan.