Out of Stock
Item # DMA0103
2012 This model is no longer in stock.
De Marchi Contour Plus Bib Shorts $0.00
Just because the Contour Plus Bib Shorts are no longer at the top of the De Marchi bib heap, that doesn't mean that they aren't still just about the best bib shorts you could ever expect to wear. If you are looking for long-term comfort and Italian styling at a great price, then these will be your bibs of choice.
De Marchi uses their pro-grade extra stretch Lycra fabric with high elastane content to deliver a compressive fit. Key muscle zones like the quads and glutes get a generous amount of compression while the areas around the genitals and the cuffs have more of a tender hold. Being overly compressed can be just as bad as feeling like we're flopping around inside our shorts, so you'll be extremely happy during the beginning, middle and end of a four hour ride that De Marchi has taken the trouble to design a short that is intended to move with your natural anatomy. In the bib, the inelastic mesh at the back it in place while providing essential ventilation.
For the insert, De Marchi has relied on its proprietary Contour C12 chamois. Long a comfort reference for cyclists, this pad makes use of De Marchi's unique half-moon shape that allows for a special channel through the center of the pad that suspends the prostate rather than compress it. The design has been streamlined so that the pad is even less obtrusive around the genital area. The midsection of the pad uses a high density polyurethane foam to cushion and support the soft tissues around the prostate. And for the area that cushions the ischiatic bone, De Marchi incorporates their super-high density foam that's vented so air can easily and keep that typically moist area drier. Silver threads are also woven into the pad fabric to keep bacteria to a minimum and reduce fatiguing static.
The De Marchi Contour Plus Bib Short come in three colors: Black, Black/Titanium and Black/White. They are available in sizes Small through XXX-Large.
- PRO-grade Extra Stretch Lycra with a generous amount of flexible elastane moves with you and provides a bit of compression
- Antimicrobial treatment keeps this bib short fresh even if you have to skip a washing or two
- Physiologically designed shape gives you unrestricted freedom of movement
- Mesh panels vent hot air to keep you cool
- Contour C12 chamois uses a half-moon anatomical shape and high-density foam to cushion you and keep you going all day
- Bacteria-static silver fabric in the chamois inhibits microbial growth so your shorts won't get freaky
- Streamlined chamois reduces compression where you never, ever want to feel compressed
- UPF 50-rated fabric shields you from the sun
|Jerseys / Jackets
|33.0 - 35.0in
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 94.0cm)
(94.0 - 99.1cm)
(99.1 - 104.1cm)
(104.1 - 109.2cm)
(109.2 - 114.3cm)
(114.3 - 119.4cm)
|Shorts / Tights / Knickers
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
Reviews & Community
Awesome performance bib
I bought a pair during Spring 2011 and they quickly became my go-to short for hard rides in Arkansas's summertime heat. The compression keeps you feeling fresh, the fabric breathes well, and the contoured chamois pays off when rides stretch into the 2-3 hour range.
They're definitely cut for a performance (European style) fit, and the medium gave me just the right amount of compression at the legs without being overtight at the waste (I'm 5'10", 31" waste, 150 lbs). If you're used to wearing an American brand like Pearl Izumi, expect these to be quite a bit more snug and consider sizing up.
My only complaint (and this is entirely my fault) is that I bought the white-paneled ones and they were a bear to keep clean. They do make you feel fast, but be super careful changing a flat because any contact with chain lube or brake grime and they'll never be the same.