Out of Stock
Item # DMA0102
Don't worry though, we have a lot more Men's Bib Shorts in stock than that.View Similar Products
De Marchi Contour EVO RX Bib Shorts $0.00
Most cycling brands know they need to include a good pair of cycling bibs in their product lines; with De Marchi, however, it is not simply a business decision when they choose to plow huge amounts of R&D into their bibs; it is more like their religious calling. And you'll be a believer too once you try their Contour Evo RX Bib Shorts.
For one thing, De Marchi uses a professional-grade 360-degree Lycra fabric with a high elastane content that offers a highly compressive fit in the right places. Key muscle zones like the quads and bum get a generous amount of compression, while the areas around the genitals and the cuffs have a more tender hold. Carbon threads have been used throughout to aid in keeping the bacteria and odor at bay. Most interestingly, perhaps, is just how these bibs are knitted on special machines that make it possible to have asymmetrical patterns within the construction for more ventilation and moisture transfer. The result is a perfect balance between total freedom of movement and solid stability.
As great as all that is, where De Marchi has really set the bar high is with the chamois for the Contour Evo Rx Bib Shorts. The Elastic Interface Evo IDS-RX insert was specially designed by De Marchi, and then refined by Cytech in the production phase to make certain that the resulting chamois would be the most comfortable pad available for the serious cyclist. Even if you habitually do five to eight hours a day on the bike, the Evo IDS-RX insert will keep you well cushioned and protected from ride-ruining or season-ending saddle sores. What they have done is reconsider just how a chamois needs to be shaped.
First, they introduced a half-moon shape that allows for a special channel through the center of the pad that suspends the prostate rather than compress it. Then they looked at the front panel and realized that too much padding there just adds unnecessary bulk, even leading to numbness. So they have streamlined the front panel, while the middle and rear sections of the pad use a high-density polyurethane foam to cushion and support the soft tissues around the prostate. Under the ischiatic bone, De Marchi incorporates their proprietary multi-foam sandwich that is made from a thin layer of super-high density memory foam layered over the foam used further forward on the pad to create the longest-lasting, highest-comfort pad currently available.
The asymmetrical leg-grippers will give you more hold in the front and on the outsides of the legs but not bind too much at the rear and on the insides of the legs. The inelastic mesh at the back of the uppers will hold the bibs in place while providing essential ventilation.
The De Marchi Contour Evo Rx Bib Shorts come in three colors: Black, Black/Iron and White. They are available in sizes Small through XXX-Large.
- PRO-grade 360-degree Lycra with a generous amount of flexible elastane moves with you and adds compression where you need it
- Antimicrobial carbon treatment keeps this bib short fresh even if you have to skip a washing or two
- Asymmetrical fabric construction increases ventilation and moisture transfer
- Physiologically designed shape gives you unrestricted freedom of movement
- Elastic InterFace EVO IDS-RX chamois uses a half-moon shape and sandwiched high-density foam to absorb vibration and keep you comfortable for hours
- Bacteria-static silver fabric in the chamois inhibits microbial growth so your shorts won't get freaky
- Streamlined chamois reduces compression where you never, ever want to feel compressed
- Asymmetrical leg grippers give yo ride-ready coverage
- UPF 50-rated fabric shields you from the sun
View more Men's Bib Shorts
Reviews & Community
how is the fit of this manufacturer? Is...
how is the fit of this manufacturer? Is their fit much like Castelli?
I wear an L in DeMarchi and an XL in Castelli. I love DeMarchi. Well made, quality stuff . . . 6ft, 180.