Tough to beat at this price
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased this jacket for use in rain and Bay Area mist, both of which we get regularly. After several uses, it's held up well and kept me dry.
- Fits well: 6' 180lbs, wear a sz large in everything, and this fit nice and snug w/o riding up, being overly "flappy" or constricting movement. Great on-bike position
- Keeps me dry - No complaints here. Taped seams and a decent membrane work for a few hours of mist.
- Long tail - Keeps the rain/rooster tail off my butt
- Packable - Not tiny, but enough to fit in a jersey pocket after some careful folding.
- Venting - Under arm mesh and back vent help, especially when you open the front zip a bit
- Rear pocket - Zipper is difficult to access while riding, doesn't keep things dry (better off stowing in a jersey underneath)
- Gets hot - I run warm most times, and this isn't amazingly breathable. You definitely get plastic-bag syndrome on climbs (but what jacket doesn't?)
- Construction - Clear seam tape reveals some suspect stitching, but nothing egregious
- Looks - Huge CRAFT logo on the rear (in reflective paint) is a bit garish for me
In all, it rains or mists a lot in the Bay Area, and though I'd love to get a more stylish jacket, I just can't justify it with this one performing so well for the $60 I paid. Not sure unload $150 on it when I could get GoreTex for ~$200, but it's a solid buy under $100.