In the event of a zombie apocalypse, grab the Chrome Cardiel: ORP Backpack, hop on your bike, and get ready to weave between cars as you hack the heads off those lame-brains. The waterproof ORP (Operation Readiness Pack) is Chrome's first foray into superlight packs, and who better to help design it than skateboarder, fixed-gear rider, and all-around badass John Cardiel?
- Fully seam-taped 100D ripstop nylon repels water and takes abuse in stride
- Tarpaulin bottom panel increases waterproofing and cleans easily
- Roll-top closure keeps unwanted moisture out, expands for fuller loads, and compresses down for better visibility while you bike commute
- Ergonomic shoulder harness feels comfortable all day
- Sternum strap helps prevent swinging
- Lightweight material packs down small for better travel, mobility, and comfort
- Internal divider sleeve organizes your cargo
View more Slings & Messenger Bags
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity:I've put it through the wringer
I use this for commuting all year round on the bike. Rain, Snow, sunshine it is so light weight that it is just awesome! There isn't a lot of structure though, kinda sucks, but always seems to find a comfortable spot on my back.
Pretty much only good for hiking
- Familiarity:I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The bag is too thin and unstructured. Even putting in a laptop or books is a struggle because the plastic cloth sticks to items and since there is no stiffness it's impossible to get them in.
I can see this being fantastic for hiking though - the bag itself weighs NOTHING and if you're only carrying clothing and food, and do not need constant access, this is the thing!
Does the trick pretty rad.
- Familiarity:I've used it several times
It is very light. Very waterproof. Looks cool!
As one would expect- not a lot of support.
Makes your back sweaty because it is waterproof and has no lift of the fabric from your back.
Holds a lot of stuff for sucha light pack.
I got it on steep and cheap for 35 bucks. Great value for that price. I do not think it is worth 90.