Chris King Inset 7 Headset $158.95
The last headset you may ever buy.
Your fancy new carbon frame has a massive headtube to quell chatter so you better make sure you installed a Chris King Inset 7 Headset to ensure your steering is as smooth as your freshly-shaved legs. Designed to provide seamless integration between your stem, headtube and fork, the Inset 7 isn't just an addition to any high-end machine—it's an upgrade.
- Low-stack height minimizes weight and provides a clean look
- Completely serviceable angular contact bearings means the Inset 7 will outlive your next three carbon frames
- Stainless steel sealed bearings keep grime and dirt out, while providing buttery-smooth operation
- Upper cup:44mm InSet; Lower cup:44mm External
- Compatible with tapered 1-1/8in to 1.5 inch steerer tubes
What community has to say
Will this model fit a Specialized Epic...
Will this model fit a Specialized Epic Comp Carbon 2013? Don't want to buy unless certain of fit.
Doesn't look like it. Specialized says on their website that the headset on the Epic Comp Carbon is 1-1/2", which is only 38mm. So I think this one would be too small. Keep in mind though, there's an unconditional return policy so you could order it and try it out, and then it if doesn't work just send it back. No harm done.