Out of Stock
Item # CST0552
2011 This model is no longer in stock.
Don't worry though, we have a lot more Men's Bib Shorts in stock than that.
Castelli Body Paint Long Sleeve Speed Suit $0.00
It's as close to racing naked as you want to get.
Skin suits are not fast enough anymore. The time trial arms race never ends. That's why many manufacturers have been making speed suits. It's like a skinsuit, only with a better closer fit and fewer places where the material can bunch. They do this by reducing the number of seams and using strategic placement to provide the absolute best fit possible. Castelli looks to show the competition how to do it better with their BP Speed Suit LS. BP is Body Paint, LS is Long Sleeve.
Following in the Body Paint tradition, the entire suit is made of two pieces of Power Lycra, a compressive, wicking spandex. The upper panel is wrapped around the torso and the lower panel is wrapped around the legs. In the middle is Castelli's Progetto X2 chamois. This is a three-layer stretch pad. The top layer is soft and seamless bacteriostatic polyester fabric that wicks moisture away from your body. Underneath the top layer is a perforated viscous comfort pad located directly under the sit bones and the perineum to neutralize those high-pressure areas. The final layer has variable thicknesses. It's micro-thin at the edges and increases in thickness en route to the thickest area, under your ischial tuberosities.
This suit is going to feel snug, but that's why you're buying it. The legs are a bit longer than average for better aerodynamics. The bottom of each leg and sleeve opening and even the collar is made of Castelli's Giro++ grippers. Pronounced "Giro Two" in Italy, this is a single-layer gripper that integrates gripping material into the fabric as the shorts, sleeves, and neck are being made, so you can barely feel them even though they hold firmly. This technology is pretty cool; they've taken 43% Lycra content fibers and stitched them inside PowerLycra, which is 24-28% Lycra. As you stretch the material, the 43% fibers start to appear on the inside. Castelli's Giro++ grippers are soft and rubbery and grip great.
If you take a look at the back of the suit, you'll notice a flap of spandex across the back. This flap is for your race number. Having this piece hanging off your back is a pretty smart idea: you always know where the number goes -- under the edge of the flap. It shingles over the race number to protect the top edge from the wind, another speed boost. With the right team logos festooned across it, this would be the time trial getup for Team Garmin-Cervélo.
The Castelli Body Paint Long Sleeve Speed Suit comes in Black. Sizes run from Small to XX-Large.
- Progetto X2 chamois features a soft, stretchy, seamless, bacteriostatic layer next to your skin and a second layer with Vario Thick padding for max thickness and perforated padding under your sit bones and ischial bones
- Shorts feature two pieces of Power Stretch Lycra fabric to offer optimal fit and moisture management during long rides
- Giro++ leg grippers are integrated into the Lycra fabric so there are no seams and there is no variation in compression that would cut off circulation
- Hidden zipper maximizes efficiency when you're in a tuck
- Each stitch, cut, and detail is identical to the speed suits Castelli supplies to the Cervelo Test Team
Note: Castelli has a "Euro" slimmer fit. We suggest ordering at least one size larger than your normal US size.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
What community has to say
It's Great But Could Be Better
I really like what Castelli is doing with the Body Paint selection. This is a gamble product with potential. The zipper is not so great and the fabric can tear if your not gentle. The sleeves are too long. Other than this, I love it.