CamelBak Charge 10 LR Hydration Pack - 500cu in $110.00
Weight where you want it.
The Camelbak Charge 10 LR Hydration Pack puts the majority of the pack weight where it should be carried–on your hips. The two-liter reservoir is good for two to three hour rides, and the large pocket has plenty of room for gear and tools.
The most important design aspect of the Charge 10 LR Pack is its lumbar reservoir system, which keeps your water (the majority of your pack weight) on your hips for comfortable, efficient carry. The upper area of the pack carries 500 cubic inches of gear, so you can carry lunch and an extra layer along with your usual tools and tube.
- Lightweight LV back panel with vertical ventilation channels that allow your back to breathe
- Tough, lightweight 40D, ripstop, 230 D taffeta, and 210D nylon fabric with 1000mm water-resistant polyurethane & silicone treatment
- New Antidote reservoir includes a lightweight, quick-seal cap, folding arms on the port to speed drying, and baffles in the body that allow the reservoir to maintain a lower profile when full
- New Quick Link system in reservoir allows you to quickly snap off the tube for cleaning and easily attach accessories like filters, flow meters, and insulated tubes
- HydroGuard anti-microbial technology inhibits bacterial growth on reservoir and tube surfaces
- Ergo Hydrolock shut-off valve allows you to control water flow and prevents leaks
- Bike tool organizer pocket
- Stretch overflow pockets for extra gear
Reviews & Community
Great, but petites beware...
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have last year's version of this hydration pack. I really do like the way the pack is set up, carrying the water along the hips seems to feel better than the usual vertical column of water on the back. It has lots of handy pockets and I've used it for 2 years with no durability issues.
I do think that the 'one size' isn't ideal for petite folks. I am 5'3" and this pack really is just a bit too large for me. Even cinched all the way down, the fit could be a little bit better. This really doesn't bother me too much when hiking or biking, but I was really uncomfortable when I took this pack trail running. It was bouncing around like a jumping bean.
If you do possess a smaller frame, you may consider grabbing a women's specific pack for a better fit.
Charge 10 Ultralight Lumbar Pack
Introduces the ultra-light lumbar hydration packs for Mountain Biking. Mark Weir talks about his favorite features.